Dragon information

2 Conversations

Dragons are mythological creatures who many people think actually exist.
This is possible because space is so huge that just about everything exists somewhere so dragons probably exist somewhere too. But what people want to know is if they exist here on earth. this is improbable but quite possible as is everything in this universe.
A typical dragon would probably have four legs two wings and a long tail.
The reason many people think dragons do exist is because all over the world dragons showed up in myth and literature before contact was made between all the worlds civilisations. These are in two main types Eastern and Western.

Eastern dragons:
These come from three main areas Japan, Korea and Indonesia and China. Of these the Chinese dragon is the best known. With five toes the Chinese dragon was considered imperial, if anyone other than the emperor of China was caught wearing it they were executed. the Chinese dragon has one hundred seventeen scales eighty one of them infused with Yang the good, thirty six infused with yin, the bad. This gives Chinese dragons their personality and temperament. Indonesian and Korean dragons have four toes and Japanese dragons three, But all are seen as good, even godlike creatures.

Western dragons:

These are the better known dragons, more common in games and books.(at least where I live.) they are generally evil and are believed to be the shape of the devil Itself in the Christian religeon. Western dragons generally have four legs and two very large wings these allow them to fly long distances.Saint George killed many western dragons according to Christian legend. Western dragons are relatively similar wherever they are found

Bookmark on your Personal Space


Entry

A1097552

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written and Edited by

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more