A Conversation for evermourn

Alternative Writing Workshop: A1093916 - evermourn

Post 1

Shipwrecked

Entry: evermourn - A1093916
Author: Shipwrecked - U228619

Flattered by a request for more of my work, I offer this short mood piece I wrote some time ago.

Shipwrecked


A1093916 - evermourn

Post 2

a girl called Ben

Ah, it worked then!

I like it in a read-it-twice-and-shiver kind of way, and I really like the pun in the title. But then I have a weakness for wordplay.

Do you know "The Traveller" by Walter de la Mere? Yours is completely different, and much darker, but they both have the same sense of abandonment. de la Mere cops out and makes it seem romantic though, and you don't.

Thanks for posting. I like to see poetry here.

Ben


A1093916 - evermourn

Post 3

Shipwrecked

Oh drat, while I've been fussing about trying to learn enough guideML to point you to this one from the other one, you've already gone and found it! I'm glad you like it. You seem to have gleaned exactly what I hoped the reader would. The poem doesn't relate to anyone or anything, I simply wanted to create a mood and raise some gooseflesh. I'm most satisfied by your response!

No, I'm not familiar with de le Mere. But I'll track it down now that you mention it.

Thanks for commenting on my poems. If I can stir even one person, my time was well spent.

Shipwrecked


A1093916 - evermourn

Post 4

Shipwrecked

And I'm glad you like the title so well! I was quite proud of that one!


A1093916 - evermourn

Post 5

a girl called Ben

smiley - laugh

I am subscribed to the AWW, so I see new threads here when they are posted. I happened to hit "refresh" in the "my conversations" box a minute or so after you had posted this. So it was a mixture of lurking around and lucking out!

B


A1093916 - evermourn

Post 6

Shipwrecked

Ah-hah! Well I'm glad you found it so soon, the only thing better than feedback is instant feedback! Gosh, this is all so heady... I'm almost inspired to actually write something new! But later, I really must get some work done! Anyway, I now know that you'll stumble across my AWW contributions in due course, subscriber called Ben. smiley - smiley

Shipwrecked


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more