A Conversation for Doghouse Tails

Good stuff

Post 1

Dr Deckchair Funderlik

Nice trick to mention all the stuff that happens in the run up to the event, and leave off at the point of departure. Personally, its not that I just don't 'do' cocktail parties, I positively 'don't' them - so I know the feeling.

Reminds me of the time I once wound up at a party in the Foreign Office. I was wearing jeans and a 'Joy Division' t-shirt (true - but a long story). Far from being embarassed by my presence, everyone was relieved. It gave them an excuse to give up the pretence, relax and enjoy themselves.

Keep up the good work smiley - smiley


Good stuff

Post 2

Boots

So true, most of them are not nearly as stuffy as appearance leads to believe. Protocol is a dashed handicap to personality methinks. T shirt sounds excellent!
Thank you for kind words. Run ups are often more fun than events I find and, as no one appeared to be pushing white powder up their noses, plotting assasinations or indulging in bizarre sexual practices, the reaction of my extended family to the treat was far more fun to observe.
take care
boots (Huge fan of the Doctor)


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more