A Conversation for Manic Street Preachers - The Band - The Early Years

Collaborative Writing Workshop: A1084097 - Manic Street Preachers - The Band - The Early Years

Post 1

Kate

Entry: Manic Street Preachers - The Band - The Early Years - A1084097
Author: Kate - U33022

Having read the edited entry on the Manics - A269192 - where the writers were unaware what the name of the band's first album was (it's terroristS, not terrorist...a small point, i know...) I thought it was time someone wrote something accurate, or at least a little more detailed.
This is compiled from several sources, none of which are the embarassing mass of lies that is jenny watkins' "in the beginning".
And, obviously, it's just a start.


A1084097 - Manic Street Preachers - The Band - The Early Years

Post 2

GreyDesk

And it's a good start as well smiley - ok

The entry that is in the guide at the moment is a bit, shall we say, 'limited' and an update of some description is long overdue. There is actually a formal Update review forum just been launched, though I must confess I'm not too sure of its workings as I've not actually used it.

I think in the short term this forum is the perfect place to let this entry develop, and then we'll look at moving on to a formal update at a later date.

All that said, my first comment about what you've written so far would be - lose the first person references. They are not supposed to be included in Edited Guide entries, so it's a good time to take them out now before you've written any more of the entry.


A1084097 - Manic Street Preachers - The Band - The Early Years

Post 3

Kate

I've had a little edit and some re-wording.
I'll add some more when i get home to my books.

Is there any chance of a couple of other researchers getting in on this one? Otherwise it runs the risk of inaccuracies which would slip past the untrained eye.


Key: Complain about this post

Collaborative Writing Workshop: A1084097 - Manic Street Preachers - The Band - The Early Years

More Conversations for Manic Street Preachers - The Band - The Early Years

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more