A Conversation for H2G2 Grey Hair Society

Better Grey than Pink I say !

Post 21

Hati

smiley - ta


Better Grey than Pink I say !

Post 22

Lady Scott

The seeing a reflection of an old lady in the mirror and wondering who let her in reminded me of a story my mom sent to me a few years back. I'll try to relate it as much as I can remember of it:

This lady was complaining about there being some stranger in her house, following her around all over the place, making a general nuisance of herself and disrupting her life.

When this lady looked in the mirror to see her lovely youthful reflection, this stranger would jump in between her and the mirror, blocking her view of herself. Wouldn't have been so bad, but this stranger was old, had grey hair and really needed to do something about those wrinkles.

When she'd go to her closet to get dressed, she found that someone had shrunk all her clothes. Obviously that meddling stranger was ruining all her clothes, because they used to fit just right. The lady tried checking her weight just to be sure she hadn't somehow gained a few pounds, but every time she got on the scales, this stranger would jump on there with her, so she was never able to determine her true weight. Taking her measurements didn't help either, because the stranger would hold the tape measure away from her body so that she couldn't get accurate measurements either.

The stranger had even started following her around when she went shopping for clothing, because every time she stood in front of the 3-way mirrors at the store, there was that stranger again, blocking her view of her slim, beautiful self! She began to suspect the stranger had even been ripping size tags out of the clothes in the stores and replacing them with much larger size tags, because she was absolutely certain of her size but found that her usual size didn't fit like it used to fit.

Every time she sat down to read the newspaper, she found that the stranger had gotten to the paper first and blurred all the print so that it was difficult to see.

The stranger had even been messing with her phone, because every time someone called, she found herself needing to ask the person on the other end to speak up. She was also having trouble with the TV and radio, no doubt due to the stranger turning the volume on them down so low that she couldn't hear it.

Apparently this stranger enjoyed playing tricks like that on her.

Then there were the things that she knew she'd put away in their proper place, only to go to retrieve them and find that they weren't where they were supposed to be, finally finding them in some other part of the house.

The story ended with the lady wondering what she could possibly do to get rid of that meddlesome old lady who insisted on following her around all the time.


Better Grey than Pink I say !

Post 23

Hati

*rolls eyes*


Better Grey than Pink I say !

Post 24

tartaronne

smiley - yikes

I'm sure she haunts this house!!

smiley - ghost


Better Grey than Pink I say !

Post 25

Hati

smiley - laugh
I don't have much mirrors in the house and I hardly ever buy new clothes. So it isn't really my problem. smiley - tongueout


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more