How to use chopsticks

0 Conversations

Ever been at a Chinese restraunt and they gave you chopsticks and you didn't know what to do with them? Well here is a handy guide for chopstick use.

The Traditional Method

First, take the first stick and hold it between the base of your thumb and the base of your index finger tightly. Got it? Good.

Next, take the other stick and hold it with your thumb and index finger like you would a pen or pencil with the first stick still in place.

Now, move the second stick up and down with your thumb and index finger to grab the food.

Finally, put the food in your mouth. I think you can take it from here.

This is a handy skill that will surely impress all your friends.

The Cheater Method

To lazy to do all that work? Well, in that case you should use the cheater method.

For the cheater method you need a small piece of paper and a rubber band.

First, you take the rubber band and wrap it around one end of the chopsticks.

Next, roll up the piece of paper and stick it between the chopsticks so that the they form a "v" shape. You may now squeeze the chopsticks together and pick up food. This method isn't as impressive, but it gets the job done.


Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

There are no Conversations for this Entry

Entry

A1064459

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written and Edited by

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more