A Conversation for H2G2 Entry - Computers

Sponsored by the mental health industry

Post 1

stragbasher


My new computer not only makes it's own decisions about what I can and can't do - you try removing internet explorer from your desktop - but it also takes part in the great search engine conspiracy.

Consider this: I searched the guide for info on a place I want to go, and I got some relevant articles. But to find out which were the relevant articles I first had to read a whole load of totally irrelevant stuff. I was a bit miffed with that so I wrote a page of my own on the matter and put "computer searches (infuriating isn't it?)" in the subject heading. So where is it? I can get to it from my home page but try searching the guide for "computer searches" and what do I get? You guessed it.

My theory is that Bill Gates, whom I occasionally claim to be, is in league with the mental health industry - creating mental illness in order to sell more Prozac.

Comments anyone?


Sponsored by the mental health industry

Post 2

David On Q

Buy a Mac.


Sponsored by the mental health industry

Post 3

stragbasher

But the man in the shop said they're no good. Is he part of the conspiracy too?


Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for H2G2 Entry - Computers

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more