A Conversation for Conventional Thinking Too - Part Two

SEX

Post 1

Catwoman

Are you trying to get your article to show up on google or something?


SEX

Post 2

Post Team

smiley - laugh

shazz smiley - thepost


SEX

Post 3

Awix

No, it's a sardonic comment on the fact that the title of SFX magazine looks very suspect when (as often happens) Keanu (or whoever)'s head obscures the lower-middle bit of the logo.

Not sure if this counts as weird, but Steve O'Brien of said magazine seems to be on a letter-writing beano - he's emailed me, he's got a photo of himself onto the letters page of Dr Who magazine... Okay two letters isn't a binge but... you know, it just seems a weird coincidence.

Sorry, thought this was therapy. Won't let it happen again.


SEX

Post 4

Catwoman

And an email is much less effort than a real letter.
So why was he writing to you? Is this just an attempt to get people to think you're popular?


SEX

Post 5

Awix

Well, much better he expend proper effort sending in comedy photos of himself to DWM than writing me letters.

And - oh, well - he's the reviews editor of the mag and I just thought I'd see if he needed any new reviewing type people.

I'd just like to say that I'm proud to contribute to the Post and can see myself continuing to do so on an exclusive basis for the forseeable future... smiley - smiley


SEX

Post 6

Catwoman

Awww. smiley - biggrin
smiley - thepost is better anyway.


SEX

Post 7

Awix

Hmmmm....

It's almost certainly *cheaper*... smiley - smiley


SEX

Post 8

Catwoman

Are you including the cost of the computer, phone bills, etc?


SEX

Post 9

Awix

Well, not entirely, as you can use the computer for other useful things such as playing minesweeper and surfing the net for Eddie Izzard porn, both of which SEX magazine is slightly less useful for.


SEX

Post 10

Catwoman

Personally I find Eddie Izzard more entertaining when he's got clothes on.

smiley - cake or death?


SEX

Post 11

Awix

I thought we'd already settled that.

And I speak of prose, not pictures (prolly just as well).


SEX

Post 12

Catwoman

Ah, well, I guess written porn is no worse coming from Eddie Izzard than anyone else.


SEX

Post 13

Awix

Erm - it's not written *by* him, it's written with him in it as a character.

Or so I'm led to believe (he said hastily and probably too late).


SEX

Post 14

Catwoman

In that case, um, I don't care?


SEX

Post 15

Awix

You can't say fairer than that? In fact I tend towards agreeing with you? Hmm, we've hit upon a brilliant way of representing the Strine accent in text...?


SEX

Post 16

Catwoman

"Strine accent " Huh?

(my indecisive, semi-confused voice actually does go up at the end of sentences, as questions do, so I thought a ? was appropriate)


SEX

Post 17

Awix

I'm sorry, C, I was taking the michael unduly. It was a reference to the Australian Rising Inflection, which many young people suffer from due to overexposure to Aussie soaps as children - a vocal tic where the tone of voice rises at the end of every sentence, making it sound like a question even when it's not. Which I believe you just alluded to.

Hmm, you go to the trouble of writing something nice, or at least witty, after nearly all my contributions and all I do is mess you about and waste your time. Bad Awix. I'm sorry...


SEX

Post 18

Catwoman

Nice, or at least witty?
Personally I'd prefer it to be the other way around.
Being witty is much more interesting than being nice. (and more mentally challenging)


SEX

Post 19

Awix

Hmm, I think we've stumbled onto an interesting point. When I write about something I always prefer to be witty rather than nice... but when someone writes about my stuff I'd much rather they were nice than witty.

Is this profound or just too obvious to be worth mentioning? Probably the latter, as usual...


SEX

Post 20

Catwoman

You'd rather be witty than nice, but you'd prefer other people to be nice instead of witty.

It sounds good, but probably isn't anything that wouldn't be immediately obvious to anyone who took the time to think about it.

Nice can be so boring though.


Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Conventional Thinking Too - Part Two

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more