A Conversation for Death's Head - Freelance Peacekeeping Agent

Undoubtably THE best comics character to come out of Bri Comics for a long loooooong while!

Post 1

Rikardos

Ahhhh yes, Death's Head was the proverbial bees knees. Excellent entry on the man/mechanoid himself (got the Galvatron wanted poster from his very first appearance on my desktop as wallpaper as I type). Agree exactly with what you said about Liam Sharp's DH2 - interesting ideas, but the fun in the series went immediately out once DH's head was sliced off. Mind you, can't complain too much as I've got 2 pages of original artwork from the issue of the limited DH series that Liam drew, and that did kick some serious botty.

One more thing to note - Marvel actually did a "What If" story where DH survived (drawn by Senior and written by Furman) and managed to destroy Minion, who had become Charnel using DH2's body instead of Death's Head's! He also managed to bring in a whole Marvel Universe super-hero cadre (involving War Machine, Sue Richards, Power Man and a few others) and got them fighting Charnel first & getting them all killed just to soften Charnel up! Needless to say, DH won by getting the assimilated memory of Reed Richards to pause DH2 enough to give him and opening, and strolled off after the immortal last lines:

DH: "Strange thing, this being a hero - fighting for a pittance, self-sacrifice for a just and worthy cause?

Just hope it's not CATCHING, yes?"

(approximated lines as this is from memory but the jist is there)

That's the official version that happened in my universe and I'm sticking by it!

A RetCon awaits!


Undoubtably THE best comics character to come out of Bri Comics for a long loooooong while!

Post 2

Geggs

This is a really good entry. I might throw it into PR myself if Kelvin Smith does doesn't show up soon.


Geggs


Key: Complain about this post

Undoubtably THE best comics character to come out of Bri Comics for a long loooooong while!

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more