A Conversation for Some informal considerations and illustrations regarding public safety

Concerning public safety

Post 1

Gardener

Another problem with regenerating the nation is not the lack of liberty, but an excess of it. True that the love of liberty is the love of others, but loving others to the detriment of oneself is a thing unimaginable for 99,9999% of the people. Unimaginable because public upbringing makes it so, because you study (or have been made to study) sanctimonious bourgeous books whereso it proclaims that 'it is not because of the benevolence of a baker that you recieve you daily bread, but of his legitimate regard to his own interest' What interest is that that you cast on the waters? Most disgraceful to hear that across Bible-reading nations which read of adversity but live in the sin of affluence, choked full with their "human rights", most damning invention of the French revolution begotten of the perverse love for 'liberty, equality, fraternity", patched and mended for over two years and finally put on hold by the Patriotic Mountain in the Convention. Till it achieved the ring of the soldered bell with more than a hint of alluring soundness to it, and a hint of hypocrisy conjoined and immortalized centuries thereafter and these days used and abused in Termidorian nights of 'colour revolutions' against legitimate authorities of the people the world over. For how can there be rights existing without duties? As Rights without duties are obscene and duties without rights are hollow.
And the most supreme duty of all is servicing public interest, with sole regard being brought to bear upon it, discharged pronto with passion of certitude checked by the wheels of indubitable flare.
As the shot is fired, so the gun back-fires. But the disparity of hypocrisy that it has for its aim is only a backdrop against which farce it shows itself to advantage. As Brass is more than a match for paper tigers of fallacies cloaked as freedoms. As the colour of 'the colour revolutions' when they backfire is scarlet.As puppets like paper tigers flutter in the wind and are blown with shatter and crush.
And how is the supreme of duties to manifest itself?
By collective wisdom,even be it boilng in blind ignorance. Not on the porch of a courthouse or in priviate dinning rooms. For a gun firing in ignorance and at random at a certain saturation point of barrage hits its targets dead.
All this ado about few crooked oligarchs going to jail! What a relief would that be to see all living above twice Speenhamland Allowance doing their public duty there! Perhaps all is an exageration, but 10%, 20%, and 30% will bring an undubitable relief of their bloatedness and moral decay home, and the rest will follow as certain as the dialictics of commotion plays itself out in perannial dance of change.
How, I say, to effect all this? Whereas not a 20 years ago we had a collective dignity and few public charges of 'unpatriotic behaivor' and 'uncommunistic activities' and, for lesser cares of private mercantilism, a charge of 'spiving' enacted on letter-submissions and pleas of 'worker-collectives',would please one tell me how to gag this bottomless pit of obscenities unfolding now across the world: of rights without duties,of leasures without public application, of public parsimony and private im-property? With a tax rate of 60%, with a few federal security put-up jobs to establish evidence in big cases where it lacks it? Not enough, not sufficient.
You just shake a mighty underworld oak, and its acorns fall and grow themselves anew, thus multiplying your unyielding toils.
But with the perseverance of powers that be, with their fiery ardour, with their contempt for justice of fly-sticky hornet-free law-book variety, and with luck,it might just work, if they don't spare themselves,are suave and flattery-diplomatic outwardly, but have flaming swords inside. This breed might yet arrive and buttress the administration of our dear land.
And wisdom cries in the street for it.
I recently had a chat with our beat-cop: "I know many bloody scoundrels and scum in hereabouts, only I don't have evidence to bring them to dock" -he said.
And no kangoroo court in sight, which would invent them, but pervasive wheels of justice which are rusty and would not even bother to turn themselves! For Justice is nothing but application of Truth, which is composed of basic instincts of dignity which are prior to craddle; not evidential, but providential.
Truly humbling that no evidence can there be found for evil. Unfortunately, the evil is of a sly design and has no predistiny for its evidence, and thrives and darkness. And unfortunately no one writes letters from 'worker-collectives' these days. And so we are devoid of new first-rate public-sector infrastucture and other worthy assets, like canals, railroads and bridges of 70 years of yore.


Key: Complain about this post

Concerning public safety

More Conversations for Some informal considerations and illustrations regarding public safety

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more