Types of Randomness

5 Conversations


There are six main types of randomness:
Mathematical

Footnote

Spontaneuity

Subject

Philosophical

Outburst

Mathematical


Firstly we will look at Mathematical. Mathematical is basically probability and things like whether a photon goes up or down in a beam splitter. This all evens out, which is lucky as there is a high chance that we wouldn't be here if it didn't (or we would all turn into gophers at the age of 16).

Footnote


The footnote type is where people are very disjointed when they talk. It is called footnote as they need a set of footnotes so you can understand them. They are totally incomprehensible1 (unknown whether they can understand each other).

Spontaneuity


Spontaneuity, well... ...Oooh look at that. This is a classic case of ahh Green Hippos spontaneuity. These people are very like Pikka birds. They get distracted by anything except the paranormal. They will suddenly talk about something they see and then often have no record of what they said.

Subject


People who fall into the Subject type ALWAYS talk about one thing. In one persons case is it Milk and Gophers(don't ask!!!). They sometimes talk about other things but it is usually possible to link it to the subject. If it doesn't link ask them and they should be able to explain how it is linked.

Philosophical


Apparently philosophical type is caused by a state of extreme randomness and omnipotentness (or omnirandomness). They always talk of oblivion which is a side effect of omnirandomness.

Outburst


Anyone in the outburst type randomly shouts out BAA or other odd noises. The only possible explaination is that they don't know how to say anything else. Sometimes they actually make sense but this is very rare so they are often uninteligible. They can probably understand each other but it is hard to tell.
Man in a hat that's got the word 'mad' emblazoned on it.
To calculate randomness visit The Book of Randomness.
The Soup Bar
1This is what you need to understand them22A Footnote!!! (or very many in some cases)

Bookmark on your Personal Space


Entry

A1040978

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written and Edited by

References

External Links

Not Panicking Ltd is not responsible for the content of external internet sites

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more