Flags of the World: Plain and Pictorial

0 Conversations

Truce

The Truce or Peace flag has no particular size or shape and is usually plain white (depending on whatever is to hand at the time).
People wave it when they want you to stop shooting at them and talk instead.
This does not mean you can assume they are non-hostile, but shooting them first would be considered bad form.
Libya

This flag is quite recent and represents a green (agricultural) revolution.
It replaced one identical to that of Egypt after a disagreement over a treaty.
Vietnam

The flag shows Soviet influences with its star of communism.
It is roughly the same as was used during the Japanese occupation of WWII.
Antigua and Barbuda

This design was a competition winner.
The red stands for vigour and dynamism and makes the V for victory symbol.
The golden sun represents the dawning of a new era.
The black stripe stands for both the soil and the people's African heritage while the blue is for hope.
Alternatively the image can be seen as the sun, sea and sand of the islands.

Back to Flags Index

Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

There are no Conversations for this Entry

Entry

A1038070

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written and Edited by

References

h2g2 Entries

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more