A Conversation for SAP - Software and Applications in Data Processing

Additions

Post 1

Bonez

ERP, as far as I am aware stands for Enterprise Resource Planning.

4.6D was the last official basis version, the role of the basis module has now been taken over by the Web Application Server, which is used to drive other components such as BW (Business Warehouse), CRM (Customer Relationship Management), XI (Exchange Infrastructure) and more.

ABAP, as of (basis) version 4.6 or so, is able to be used as an Object oriented language.

As of 6.20 of the Web Application Server, Java can also be used as a programming language.

One of the useful parts of the SAP architecture is it's ability to run on various different databases (such as SQL Server, Oracle, SAP DB [recently merged in some way that I haven't yet understood, with mySQL]) and operating systems, such as many different "flavours" or UNIX, Windows, etc.


Key: Complain about this post

Additions

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more