A Conversation for Kumquat Liqueur

KumQuats

Post 1

vegiman:-)

Just for those who do not know what the **** you are talking about:
Kumquats also spelt Cumquats are small orange coloured fruits from the Chinese tree.

They are similar to a miniature orange, with a sweet skin and tart flesh. High in sugars and vitimin C. Ripe they are soft to the touch and will store for about a week in the fridge (ice box).

Can be eaten whole or halved, great in a mixed fruit salad, or can be preserved whole in brandy as suggested by the article.

Not generally available at the local Greengrocers in the UK - but well worth a try if you see any in specialised stores. I will certainly try the above sometime. vegimansmiley - smiley


KumQuats

Post 2

John the gardener says, "Free Tibet!"

Sounds delicious! I think it is SMURF (could be wrong), who is attempting to put together a Guide recipe section.

A month ago, in another existence, our people celebrated the feast of KumQuat May. She it was who went about scattering Kumquat seeds for the consternation, but later delight, of nearly everyone. Johny Appleseed stole the idea.


KumQuats

Post 3

vegiman:-)

Hi JTG
I saw you were on line with Jim Lynns link which I have installed on my home page - feel free to copy it. Info at http://www.h2g2.com/forumframe.cgi?thread=9856&forum=4773 . Please invite me over for the next Kumquat Festival - sounds unusual. vegimansmiley - smiley


KumQuats

Post 4

Lonnytunes - Winter Is Here

Gentlemen I have just been reorganising my page and came across this delightful conversation I was not aware existed. The festival sounds great. We grow kumquats in NZ. Maybe I could organise a festival. Does the festival have a web site?


Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Kumquat Liqueur

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more