The Society For The Protection And Unification Of SRHDs Worldwide

2 Conversations

BeerSUMUS HIC HODIE UT BIBAMUS DE NOCTE1

What is a SRHD?



A SRHD is a "Self Respecting Habitual Drunkard" smiley - cheers, the term arose out of a discussion about drinking games, particularly those that involve equipment. Equipment that no "Self Respecting Habitual Drunkard" should be without. The term has stuck.

The SRHD Code of Conduct


A SRHD Shall not...
  1. Sleep in a pool of his (or anyone else's) vomit.
  2. Drink form the toilet, no matter how thirsty!
  3. Vomit on a host's pet without giving it a bath.
  4. Steal another SRHD's drink, or render it unconsumable.

A SRHD Shall Always...
  1. Accept a drink whenever offered.
  2. Buy his/her round joyfully and without complaining.
  3. Abide by all local peer-based laws governing drinking2.

How do I tell if I am one?


  • If you find that you follow the SRHD code of conduct already.
  • Before going out3 you prepare a hangover-reduction kit4.
  • You own equipment specifically for drinking games5.
  • You outdrink your friends, whilst just having a "gentle night's drinking session".
  • Your extensive collection of empty beer bottles is, in fact, the result of one night in.


This page is work in progress, and as i prefer to work by adding small bits at a time online then it will gradually become complete
1"We are here today, to drink tonight"2E.g. "Gentleman's rules" or other such continuous drinking games3Even for "Just one drink"4Of:1 pint water to drink upon return; 1 glass water 2 aspirin near bed; container lined with liner near bed, "just in case"; gum- for that inevitable mouth like a camels jockstrap feel5Especially obtuse ones

Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

Entry

A1009801

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more