Ravers

2 Conversations

One of the more flamboyant breeds of Homo Sapien, the common Raver is generally very thin, sports extremely bright plumage, and wears pants large enough to comfortably house an Eastern European family of four.



Some consider Ravers to be the modern equivalent of Faeries. The females are glittery and cute, the males taller and somewhat androgynous. They gather at nighttime parties (called, incedentally, 'raves'), partake of large quantities and varieties of recreational pharmaceuticals, and dance wildly (to very loud, very fast, very electronic music) until the sun comes up. At this point the glamour begins to falter; in the bright light of day, and after eight-to-ten hours of mad dancing, they aren't quite as attractive as they previously appeared. And so they vanish in a puff of glitter and cigarette smoke, leaving behind vast quantities of dog-ends and candy wrappers, and a warehouse owner who wonders what the hell just happened exactly, and how the footprints got on his ceiling.

Bookmark on your Personal Space


Entry

A100350

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written and Edited by

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more