A Conversation for Social Chameleon

How do I stop?

Post 1

Alice_Davenport

I am definitely a social chameleon. I suspect it may be because I am conditioned by my parents and my past to constantly suspect that i may be doing something "wrong" What I want to know is, how can I stop being a social chameleon? I would like to actively retrieve my personality. I would like to request a new guide entry discusing possibilities. If the writer would like research information, my e-mail is [email protected]. This is very important to me


How do I stop?

Post 2

RFJS__ - trying to write an unreadable book, finding proofreading tricky

Try some Nietzsche?

You probably won't get many replies here, but you could try <./>Askh2g2</.>.


How do I stop?

Post 3

loneTree

The traits of a social chameleon are not bad or wrong, they just are. The entry is an observation on how different traits show up in social situations. What you are experiencing is the impact of a decision you made a (possibly long) while ago - that you are doing something wrong. From that decision you created the defense of behaving like a social chameleon so that the likelyhood of being wrong is reduced.

The reason of a social chameleon's existence could merit another entry, or an addition to the entry itself.

I am currently researching this matter. What I have concluded, so far, and this is preliminary, is that the underlying trait of a social chameleon is the desire to avoid responsibility. This does not mean that they are irresponsible, just that they do not seek responsibility, and desire to spread it out as much as possible when they do have some.

So in the quest to shake the mantle of being a social chameleon one needs to take responsibility - for yourself, for the situation you are in, and for the views you express. In other words, take a stand. Be up to something. Invent a possibility for yourself and your life. Share this possibility and re-commit to it everytime you have to make a decision.

I'll email you this reply as well - it's been a while and you may not be monitoring this anymore.



Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more