A Conversation for Noble Gases

Noble Gasses

Post 1

AngusBeefheart

A very simple and easy to follow overview for non-chemistry people. It wouldn't hurt to either go into the quantum mechanics a little or not discuss shells (mentioning shells and orbitals without explaining is frustrating).

The table is the stongest feature. I like how you didn't "dumb" down the titles there but rather explained them more fully in the footnotes. Some people may not know what enthalpy is (OK I from America, most people here wouldn't know).


Noble Gasses

Post 2

Dr Hell

Hello Beefheart (any relation to Captain Beefheart)

Thanks a lot for your suggestions. The Entry is currently under Peer Review, maybe you would want to post your thoughts there so other researchers can also think about it...

That being said, let me respond to your comments anyhow, perhaps you prefer to keep this out of Peer Review for some reason.

I think it would "hurt" if I went into quantum mechanics, because this is intended to be a very general overview. I think the reader, and mostly the lay reader would like to know what these gases are and what makes them special, their uses and so forth. For the specialist the look up table is probably the most useful feature.

The people in between, that want to learn more abvout quantum mechanics and orbitals and shells and so on are linked to the respective entries and can work out the stuff from there. In this way the Entry can be kept at a reasonable length...

But then again this is just the way I feel about it.

Thanks.

HELL


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more