A state of mind when you have absolutely nothing to do. Time drags on and everything seems laborious. Even breathing and keeping your heart going takes on a whole new level of willpower. Your mind seems to slow, limbs become heavy and minutes drag into hours.
Conversations About This Entry
Infinite Improbability Drive
"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."
Most Recent Entries
- Astronauts and Cosmonauts - the Roll of Honour
- Von Braun to Musk: A Short History of Space Pranks
- A Philip K Dick-tionary, Not Wrapped in Wub Fur
- 'Maurice, or The Fisher's Cot' - a Story by Mary Shelley
- Electric Reassurance, the Blitz and Confusing Elevator Rides - Birkenhead Hamilton Square Underground Railway Station
- 'Smallville' - the Television Series
- The Phantom Battle of Edgehill: Ghostly Drive-In Movie, or Fake News Special?
- 'Will and Grace' - the Television Series 1998-2006
- Walt Kelly v Joseph McCarthy: Okefenokee Swamp (and Pogo) to the Rescue
- 'Rivers of London' - the book series by Ben Aaronovitch