A Conversation for Silicon Valley

Palo Alto

Post 1

Global Village Idiot

I don't know San Jose all that well - the night we drove there was the 5th of May, and it certainly didn't seem boring then.

Anyway, what I wanted to say was that Palo Alto is not a bad town, albeit rather nerdy. It has some of the best restaurants I know (Macarthur Park always used to be good, and a Chinese whose name escapes me after all these years - Mister somebody's). It has Stanford University and therefore a bit of life, even if everyone there these days wants a job with share options when they leave.

The last time I was in Palo Alto was during the '94 (soccer) World Cup - the place was full of Brazilians and Swedes just partying fit to bust. Sadly, the game between the two at Stanford was scheduled for European evening viewing, early afternoon Pacific Time, so we had to work. Chiz.


Palo Alto

Post 2

Jonny

Yeah, Palo Alto's not a bad little place. There's a great pub called Rudy's there, the closest we get to a decent pub in San Jose is The Mission Ale House.


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more