A Conversation for Homeopathy - a Sceptical View

At last!

Post 1

Charlie Chips

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! I have been waiting for ages for someone to do a bit of debunking.

A beautifully balanced article which captures all the truly essential elements of the subject. But, as Granny Weatherwax would be the first to say, headology, is pretty powerful stuff..........smiley - winkeye


At last!

Post 2

Tweety Pie

I agree smiley - smiley An excellent entry that doesn't just disagree with people talking rubbish, but clearly sets out why it is rubbish.

I hand't realised the multiple parts of the supposed basis of homeopathy.

Certainly there is something in the suggestibility of subjects, that cures can be effected in the absence of tangible medicine. Psychiatry has a lot of power.

Tweety Pie smiley - chick


At last!

Post 3

Judge Mental

Well, that was the first H2G2 article I ever read, and I have to say it was MOST impressive.

However, although I am not a believer in homeopathy myself, should it continue un-debunked, if it appears to satisfy so many people? Maybe that's one for the philosophers...

After all, as you point out, a bottle of "sukrose and akwa" works for Granny Weatherwax :d


At last!

Post 4

The Dali Llama

Bookmark


At last!

Post 5

Farlander

thank you charlie chips, thank you judge mental! smiley - bubbly

i must confess that debunking things is a pet hobby... (kinda what happens when you read too much sagan)... although the great man himself said that too much skepticism and not enough open-mindedness makes one bitter. so. i guess there's no actual harm if people want to believe in something like homeopathy - so long as they've tried conventional methods first. and don't try to press it onto others.


At last!

Post 6

Nightowl

Well, they say sacred cows make the best hamburger. . .


At last!

Post 7

Farlander

smiley - laugh


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more