Warming things up

0 Conversations

Experiment Number 34E -
28/01/2003

This is not a guide line of any sort, it is a record of an experiment with food, and the results found here in. Please if your going to try this at home, assume 150 point armour and gloves.

This is based on the h2g2 Post recipe for Goulash. The aim was to create a dish, far more spicy and without the potatoes in the sauce (until after).

Ingredients

  • 150g diced pork
  • 3 tbspn tomato purée
  • 1 tsp mustard seeds
  • 1 tsp chilli powder
  • 1 tsp turmeric
  • 5 or 6 button mushrooms
  • A tin of chopped tomatoes
  • Chopped garlic (I used 3 pieces)
  • Half a reasonable sized onion finely chopped.
  • Method

    Oven was heated to Gas Mark 7ish, and some potatoes were installed on middle shelf, (these are not ingredients, just optional extras)

    A jug was taken, (not sure to where), most ingredients were added, apart from the pork, which was arranged in a small ovenproof dish. The ingredients in the dish were thoroughly stirred and chopped up some more. More chilli powder was added for my own preference.

    The cat was removed from the kitchen work bench (again) before it could get to the pork, the sauce was added to the pork in the dish, and installed upon the top shelf in the oven.

    Food was then cooked in oven for about 30 to 35 minuets, and a dish, suitably sized, was prepared, and meal was served.

    Results

    Meal should serve about 2 people, or 1 greedy bugger, the meal was very nice, no illness to report as of yet.

    I found the meal extremely spicy, my nose ran after a few minutes, and my doctor informs me my oesophagus will grow back.

    Quite filling with the potatoes, which were the frozen variety.

    Conclusions

    Warmed me up a treat, no need to add salt or anything, possibly good for you, only time will tell. If you're going to follow this daft idiot in making either this dish or your own, remember to not catch fire, try to over cook things slightly on your first go, and if something tastes wrong or looks still frozen, don't eat it!

    DoctorMO

    30.01.03 Front Page

    Back Issue Page


    Bookmark on your Personal Space


    Conversations About This Entry

    There are no Conversations for this Entry

    Entry

    A948620

    Infinite Improbability Drive

    Infinite Improbability Drive

    Read a random Edited Entry


    Disclaimer

    h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

    Write an Entry

    "The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

    Write an entry
    Read more