A Conversation for Bloomington, Indiana, USA

A real nice place

Post 1

John the gardener says, "Free Tibet!"

A real nice Entry about a real nice place. My wife and I visited Bloomington in '99 for the Kalachakra at the Tibetan Culture Center just outside of town.

http://www.tibetancc.com/

Unfortunately, we did not have the time to really do much exploring, but Bloomington did seem like a real good place to live - nice country, too, closer to the Ohio valley. The people we met were very friendly and welcoming. We did attend a talk by the Dalai Lama at the IU basketball stadium, which is a pretty impressive place, a real temple of sport. I remember His Holiness walking out and craning his neck seemingly in amazement at the people packed to the rafters high above the stage.

There's going to be some more excitement at the TCC on Sep. 7: The Dalai Lama will be back to dedicate a new temple. Mohammad Ali will also be there.

JTG smiley - cheers




A real nice place

Post 2

fish_pants

well i live near purdue and for obvious reasons when me and my friends went thru bloomington down somwhere southern-er we took a leak on nearest IU campus building to the highway. just thought everone needed to know that


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more