A Conversation for Fears and Phobias and How to Deal with Them

Stings

Post 1

TeaKay

I'm scared of pretty much anything with a sting- if I had to be chased through a forest by either a small bee, or a huge grizzly, drooling, hungry bear, I'd choose the bear every time. In the presence of a Jellyfish, I'd embrace the nearest Great White shark, and if I was standing next to a scorpion, I'd run and make friends with a particularly irritated Tiger.

I HATE WASPS. Anything with a sting, or looks/ sounds like it may possibly be in possesion of one (i.e. buzzes, has yellow on it) comes near me, I'll scream like a girl and run for miles.

I cope with my phobia by screaming like a girl and running for miles.

TKsmiley - pirate


Stings

Post 2

Andycap14

My wife has the same phobia about stings. She claims that she is afraid because she has never been stung before and doesn’t know if she is allergic, but after looking into her face when a bee or wasp is around I can tell that she is deathly afraid.

Even when I get stung she starts to become a little hysterical and suggests that I go see a doctor.


Stings

Post 3

Researcher 220573

So does that apply to the extreme and unrational fear of Sting? As in "Roxanne..."


Sting (Roxanne...)

Post 4

Andycap14

No, that would be a distaste not a phobia.


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more