A Conversation for English Pub Names

"Irish"Theme pubs

Post 1

Ciderman$

Re.pub names,how many people are crying into the beer over the numbers of the human race that are falling for the brewery magnates blatant con with the irish pub scam.Any true native of the Emerald Isle must avoid these places like the plague!


"Irish"Theme pubs

Post 2

flashman

I know what you mean, there's a plastic paddy in Oxford called O'Neills, I hope the students have enough sense to avoid it.


"Irish"Theme pubs

Post 3

George

I think that anyone with any sense at all would find one of the multitude of real pubs in Oxford to have a far more friendly atmosphere and more pleasant beer than one of these so caled "Irish" pubs. There are plenty of places to go in Oxford, nobody really has to put themselves through that.

Real Ale and cosy nooks, that is what a pub should be about.


"Irish"Theme pubs

Post 4

Bagpuss

I believe students were mentioned and, as a rule they don't have much sense. This is advantageous to those of us who do, however as we can walk past the idiots trying to cram themselves into the Rat & Parrot and find a nice quiet table in amongst the real ales and oak panelling of Whitelock's, Leeds premier luncheon bar (whatever that means).


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more