Ponytail Prejudice

0 Conversations

In a moment, a tiny life was blown out of proportion.

The soda crackers that came with her soup tasted bitter. So did the air once she put out her cigarette.


It had been an odd day, anyway, punctuated by little moments of insincere panic and sincere larceny on the part of her co-workers, family and strangers. Her hormones were in a weird place and her auto's matic transmission was not communicating with the other bits and gears of the vehicle. The basic fundamentals of her paid task were splitting into harmonics of dischordia and paranoia. All in all, the sum was smellier than the hole of it's parts.

She wasn't supposed to be smoking on the job, but most of the crew did it anyway. They had little secret fans and smokeeaters and scented candles and flavoured candies to try to hide what they were doing with the weed, but whenever they came in to work after a long weekend, you could smell their shame like a toilet left unflushed during a vacation...

The soup was an accident. She hadn't any spare money to order lunch and she had forgotten to bring any from the hovel. One of her co-workers in the rabbit warren had ordered something slightly different from a downtown diner and been so incensed at receiving slightly the wrong thing that she had flung the offending container in the trash. Idita had no problem fishing anything out of the trash. That's how she got half her wardrobe and most of her office supplies. She was saving up for a motorcycle and she had to pinch every penny.


Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

There are no Conversations for this Entry

Entry

A8873102

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written and Edited by

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more