A Conversation for The National Aquarium in Baltimore, Maryland, USA

What about the top floor?

Post 1

Amy: ear-deep in novels, poetics, and historical documents.

Unless I misremember, the Baltimore Aquarium is the one with the rainforest on the top floor. It is the smiley - coolest thing - and a really neat idea.

Unless you're almost run over by a bird like I was. smiley - winkeye


What about the top floor?

Post 2

Jimi X

Sadly, we've never made it that far. My daughters always get hungry/tired before then and we ditch out and head back down the ramp. smiley - sadface

But someday...


What about the top floor?

Post 3

DickieP

Is there no way you could do a reverse tour and start at the top then work your way down?
By the way, I'm intrigued by the idea of being "run down by a bird". Does this mean chased along or actually flattened - like in roadrunner cartoons - by a huge feathered beastie?


What about the top floor?

Post 4

Amy: ear-deep in novels, poetics, and historical documents.

I did the reverse last time I was down, methinks.

And I was run by a bird thus: I was walking along the walkway with my family, and some lady spoke to me and next thing I know, I run into a bird that was flying low. Freaked the smiley - bleep out of me.


What about the top floor?

Post 5

Jimi X

But with small ones like I have, that would mean missing some of their favourite bits...

Every time we visit the State Museum in Harrisburg, we *must* visit the Hall of Mammals because they look forward to that the whole time they're there.

Perhaps when they're a bit older I'll be able to see the whole NAIB? smiley - winkeye


What about the top floor?

Post 6

Amy: ear-deep in novels, poetics, and historical documents.

Quite possibly. Or see it on a school fieldtrip. First time I went was in 6th grade with my Gifted class friends. smiley - biggrin


Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for The National Aquarium in Baltimore, Maryland, USA

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more