A Conversation for Migraine

kid's classic migraine

Post 1

Connie L

When I was still a kid, I could identify a very specific psychological trigger to migraines.

I was a geeky, "indoors" kid who loved spending holidays reading novels, so mention of outdoors activities (mountain hiking being my dad'd favorite) could trigger the worst, full-scale migraines (including loss of half my visual range, nausea, and a terrible pounding headache).
Stress at school, and sports, especially jogging (very boring !), would do the same.

It hardly ever happened again after I could decide for my own outdoors activities (including mountain hiking) !

The only "remedies" I could find confort in were sleeping, and the smell of fresh lavender (any other fragrance/smell would be hardly unbearable).


Beware of sudden onset

Post 2

meniscus

Beware of sudden onset of extreme headache or visual disturbances. These are also symptoms of stroke.


Key: Complain about this post

kid's classic migraine

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more