The Post Quiz: The Exorcist

0 Conversations

How much do you know about everybody's favourite scary movie?

The Post Quiz: The Exorcist

Some Create challenges are harder to match quizzes to than others. So this week, the Editor put the stretchers on the topic of 'The Devil Made Me Do It', and came up with The Exorcist. See if you know, or can guess, some fun facts about this scary movie.

Short answers.

  1. The film was based on the novel by William Peter Blatty. What stunt did the fun-loving Blatty pull in the 1950s that might have been appreciated by Sasha Baron Cohen?
  2. The bed jumps around a lot during The Exorcist. How was this achieved?
  3. What special effect was used to show clouds of the actors' breath during possession scenes?
  4. There's a drunken beggar in a key scene. Vinny Russell played him. Where did the casting director find him?
  5. What was remarkable about the actor who played Father Dyer?
  6. Max von Sydow, who played the priestly lead, confessed to the director that he had a problem with acting this story. What was von Sydow's problem?
  7. Part of The Exorcist was filmed in Iran. What baggage-related problem did the director face?
  8. Okay, we need to mention the projectile vomiting. What product was used for this amazing special effect?
  9. Speaking of the projectile vomiting, what requisite did many theatres hand out with tickets to The Exorcist?
  10. What actress from Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory was first considered for the role of the possessed child in The Exorcist?

I almost hate to ask this, but. . . no, I can resist anything but temptation. Is your head spinning? (Sorry. The devil made me do that.) Click the picture for answers and more gossip.

A teddybear, possessed by demons.
Post Quiz and Oddities Archive

Dmitri Gheorgheni

17.04.17 Front Page

Back Issue Page


Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

There are no Conversations for this Entry

Entry

A87887614

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more