Brother Fox

0 Conversations

FWR has an interesting dream life.

Brother Fox

A mysterious fox.

Had a really vivid dream last night. I was riding to work to start a stupid-o'clock shift when I got to a bend I normally, quite safely and legally take at 70mph. Halfway into the bend a fox runs out in front of me and with a sickening crunch I hit the poor beast.

Coming to an emergency stop I walk back and see the poor thing is at death's door. I bend down and gently lift the animal, apologising for running him down. The fox winks at me, smiles and says, "Could've been worse, Brother, it might have been you lying here".

A few hours later I'm actually riding the same road for real. I get to the dream bend, clear view, nothing at all on the road in either direction and I slow down to a crawl.

As I bank my bike, a fox runs out in front of me. I easily stop well before him. Brother Fox also stops, gives me a knowing smile and disappears into the night.

Don't know if my dream saved him or he saved me – either way, thank you, Brother!

Create Challenge Archive

FWR

17.10.16 Front Page

Back Issue Page


Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

There are no Conversations for this Entry

Entry

A87878920

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written by

Credits

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more