The h2g2 Post 21.12.15

0 Conversations

A crest bearing the legend The H2G2 PostA crest bearing the legend The H2G2 Post


Posted: 21st December 2015

Joy to the World

A Christmas tree made of lights. Have you been out to see the lights? They certainly brighten up the winter nights, don't they? The ones in this editorial come courtesy of a drive-through display shown locally here in the US. The dancing lights keep time with the music, which fits right in with Create's all-month theme of seasonal music. You can see more of the lights with a guided tour in these pages. Have you sent in your Create contribution yet? Better get cracking, the year's almost over!

Willem's got spring rains, but he's still festive. He's sent us a Christmas present: a striped polecat. Now, settle down. It may not smell so alluring, but isn't that the cutest stinkbomb you've ever seen in your life? You can read all about its fascinating habits, and learn how to avoid it when you visit South Africa.

FWR checks in with a greeting to all and sundry in h2g2land. I think Christmas at his house must be fun. Wonder if this will be another year of the kids calling, 'Hey, Dad? Why are you crawling around with a camera and a cat toy?' That's dedication. (Says the Editor who rode through the light display saying, 'Stop the car a second, I want to get that shot!') What we do for h2g2...

Speaking of dedication above and beyond, Bluebottle took time out from wrapping gifts on the fabled Isle of Wight to bring us…the Christmas Crossword! Yes, fans, the always much-anticipated puzzle is here in its 2015 glory. And yes, as usual, the answers will be in next week's Post…get solving now!

We've got another strange picture for you. We're counting on you to help with the caption. That steadfast wooden soldier, I would like to point out, is at least as tall as I am. Not that he was any use at all last week when that herd of yearling deer came charging past and out onto Main Street…in broad daylight, the shameless things…really, we're going to have to issue those Nutcracker Cops some citation pads.

We've got humour. We've got a quiz. Mags has a gamer Christmas greeting. We've got a hilarious movie review. And you...you've got some free time between opening gifts and pouring the eggnog. So read, enjoy, and leave a comment or two.
A Christmas manger display.
Wherever on the planet you are, we hope your day is blessed, and that you know how much all of us at the h2g2 Post appreciate you. Have a glorious holiday, y'all, and keep on singing!


Dmitri Gheorgheni

DON WE NOW OUR GAY APPAREL
  • Striped polecat by Willem.
  • He'll tow your car, as soon as he figures out how to bend his knees.

WE WISH YOU A MERRY CHRISTMAS

NOWELL SING WE LOUD (AND MEOW)

  • A cat in a Christmas tree, singing

JOLLY OLD SAINT NICHOLAS
Santa and a speedboat.

DO YOU SEE WHAT I SEE?
  • Create December Challenge: NaJoPoMo.
  • Some reindeer in a hot tub.
FEEDBACK, SUBMISSIONS AND DISCUSSION


The Post Office


The home of the h2g2 Post team


Back Issue Page



Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

There are no Conversations for this Entry

Entry

A87863377

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written and Edited by

Credits

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more