The h2g2 Post 23.03.15

1 Conversation

A crest bearing the legend The H2G2 PostA crest bearing the legend The H2G2 Post


Posted: 23rd March 2015

Honouring Imagination

Terry Pratchett's Discworld. The world will miss Terry Pratchett.

He was a gem of a writer, and a fine human being. Geeks everywhere are paying tribute to him by embedding the clacks code on the internet. In this issue, we h2g2ers pay tribute with our own comments and a partial webography from our own archives, especially the Edited Guide. Want to add to it? Put links at the bottom. Don't see your favourite book, film, or piece of Pratchett lore? Think about sending your Guide Entry to Peer Review. As the man said himself in Going Postal, 'A man is not dead while his name is still spoken.' Sir Terry will be spoken of for years to come.

Other matters in this issue:

A beautiful bird.

An intriguing photo.

Pithy stories.

Praise for NASA, a travelling probe, and the Cereal Goddess and her namesake.

Cinema, old and new.

Some advice on how not to write.

As usual, read, chuckle, leave comments, get inspired. You know our gmail address (or click below).

Have a good week – and don't fall off the turtle!
Late-Breaking Postscript:

Speaking of not falling off the turtle, this kitty isn't about to:
Eclipse silhouette by Freewayriding

Thanks to Freewayriding, our photographer on the spot in the Discworld or any other. See below for more amazing eclipse photos – with more to come next week!


Dmitri Gheorgheni

NATURE WORSHIP
  • Spotted Dikkop by Willem.
  • Statue of Ceres.


REGULAR BUSINESS

IRREGULAR BUSINESS

  • Urban Sunflash.
  • How NASA got started.

WORDS IN PRAISE
  • Tribute
  • Sir Terry Pratchett,
    Storyteller Extraordinaire.


  • Tribute
  • A tribute to Sir Terry Pratchett.


BIBLIOGRAPHIC MATTERS
  • mid eclipse by Phil
  • Sir Terry Pratchett.
FEEDBACK, SUBMISSIONS AND DISCUSSION


The Post Office


The home of the h2g2 Post team


Back Issue Page



Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

Entry

A87847870

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more