A Conversation for A Man and His Donkey: Robert Louis Stevenson and Modestine

Sleeping bags and donkeys

Post 1

ITIWBS

Matching fully zippered sleeping bags that open out completely into a quilt are easily joined by their own zippers to make a double wide sleeping bag.

The Inuit have used sleeping bags since times immemorial.

One of my neighbors keeps a pet donkey.

I often see her walking her donkey by reins and halter.

I've never used a donkey as a beast of burden on a hiking and camping trip.

It something I've tentatively planned for some future occasion when I have time.


Sleeping bags and donkeys

Post 2

Dmitri Gheorgheni, Post Editor

I'll bet you share your shelter - and ALL your treats - with your donkey then, too, you kind hiker. smiley - winkeye

I've never got up close and personal with a donkey, though my grandfather had a quite personable mule named Kate. smiley - smiley


Sleeping bags and donkeys

Post 3

ITIWBS

Using the donkey as a beast of burden, number one item on the list is food supplies the donkey and I can agree on, things like granola and trail mix for example.

Also, I'm inclined to be indulgent if the donkey finds good graze, except if its something questionable or something known to be dangerous like loco weed.

The number one item on planning the course is assuring adequate water at reasonable stages along the course and some kind of drinking vessel for the donkey is also an essential.

With respect to my own camping equipment needs, in fair weather California conditions, I can carry all the essentials except water in my jacket pockets, for water, I've got a camel pack.

It would be nice to be able to park the jacket with the donkey when I don't need it.


Sleeping bags and donkeys

Post 4

Dmitri Gheorgheni, Post Editor

smiley - rofl You're really well organised, I see.

Maybe somebody has designed a jacket for a donkey? I know dogs have them.


Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for A Man and His Donkey: Robert Louis Stevenson and Modestine

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more