The Post Quiz: Musical Flowers - Answers

0 Conversations

Another musical quiz.

Musical Flowers" Answers

Peter Gabriel dressed up as a red poppy flower holding a microphone

Kermit once asked, 'Why are there so many songs about rainbows?' another question might be, 'Why do most flower songs celebrate roses?' We couldn't get away from them. However, occasionally another flower sneaks in there..

We hope you knew them all. You might consider crooning to your houseplants. But if they start turning in the direction of your mp3 player, we think you should take the hint.

Enjoy these floral song lyrics, blanks filled in.

  1. Everything's coming up roses for you and for me.
  2. Roses are shining in Picardy, in the hush of the silver dew…
  3. Tiptoe through the tulips with me.
  4. The Yellow Rose of Texas beats the belles of Tennessee1.
  5. You brought me violets for my furs, and it was spring…
  6. Edelweiss, Edelweiss, every morning you greet me, small and white, clean and bright…2
  7. I'm looking over a four-leaf clover, that I overlooked before…3
  8. The gardener standing there, three flowers he gave to me, he gave the violet, the lily, and the pink, but I refused all three..('I sowed the Seeds of Love')4
  9. Green grow the lilacs, all sparkling with dew, I'm lonely, my darling, since parting with you…
  10. …when the mist is in the gloamin', and all the clouds are holdin' still,
    If you're not there I won't go roamin' through the heather on the hill.5

Did you know them all? Then you have too much junk in your head, go clear it out. Listen to some punk rock, or something.

.

A delicate white rose with a hint of pink in its petals.
Post Quiz and Oddities Archive

Dmitri Gheorgheni

19.05.14 Front Page

Back Issue Page

1This is a canard. Tennessee girls are pretty, too. (The Editor knows.)2Contrary to popular opinion, this is not the national anthem of Austria. AEIOU.3Okay, maybe that's not a flower. So sue us.4'The lily and the pink I did overthink…' Who says you can't learn from folksongs?5In wonderful Brigadoon, a Tin Pan Alley composer's idea of Scotland. Och, aye.

Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

There are no Conversations for this Entry

Entry

A87829294

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more