A Conversation for 'Labyrinth' - The Film

I did like this film!

Post 1

Willem

Hello and thanks for this piece! I saw Labyrinth first time in the cinemas over here in South Africa. Was more impressed with Jennifer Conelly than with David Bowie (I'm two years younger than her). I watched it again very recently, second time was better.


I did like this film!

Post 2

Bluebottle

Glad you enjoyed reading it - it was a great film. I did describe Sarah as 'one of the world's most attractive actresses' but the Peer Review conversation all seemed to focus on David Bowie for some reason...

<BB<


I did like this film!

Post 3

SashaQ - happysad

I watched Labyrinth for the first time today, and it was excellent indeed - as you say in this Entry, it is impressively layered with meaning. The creatures were superb, too - the facial expressions were spot on...

I particularly liked the Escher-esque scene, plus the Matte Lines (I presume) creating the opening in the Labyrinth, and the face of Jareth in the rocks that was an optical illusion.

David Bowie's trousers did have a starring role smiley - flustered but I also liked his hair. Jennifer Connelly was excellent...


I did like this film!

Post 4

Bluebottle

It's a classic film of the 1980s, one of my favourites growing up. You can possibly tell I've seen it many, many times and it's always caught my imagination. I'm glad you enjoyed it too!

<BB<


Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for 'Labyrinth' - The Film

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more