A Conversation for A Cheater's Mince Pies

Availability of mincemeat

Post 1

BeowulfShaffer

I'm thinking about trying this recipe, but I've never seen mincemeat for sale and am not sure if it is available in the US. Does anyone know if it is?


Availability of mincemeat

Post 2

Vip

I'm afraid (being based in the UK) I don't know, but a quick internet trawl suggests it is available, but only in the run up to Christmas and only from certain stores. It might be easier to make your own (although I understand that rather ruins the 'cheating' aspect of this recipe!).

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=499116

smiley - fairy


Availability of mincemeat

Post 3

BeowulfShaffer

Thanks, I guess I'll check when I'm doing my other pre-chistmass grocery shopping and hopefully they'll have it.


Availability of mincemeat

Post 4

Amy Pawloski, aka 'paper lady'--'Mufflewhump'?!? click here to find out... (ACE)

I can see this working well with other varieties of canned fruit pie fillings, as wellsmiley - ok


Availability of mincemeat

Post 5

Vip

Oooh, yes, that's a great idea Amy! A Cheater's Apple Pie!

smiley - fairy


Availability of mincemeat

Post 6

Vip

You know what? I think this is one of my favourite Entries out of the ones I've written.

smiley - fairy


Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for A Cheater's Mince Pies

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more