The h2g2 Post 14.11.11

2 Conversations

A crest bearing the legend The H2G2 PostA crest bearing the legend The H2G2 Post


Posted: 14th November 2011

We're So Clever We Astonish Even Us

That's how it felt this week in h2g2land: Pastey continues to amaze all and sundry with his ability to utterly eradicate pesky bugs. (We call him The Exterminator, but only behind his back). The Create people have the site hopping with their journal-writing initiative. Lots of new and old Researchers are rediscovering the joys of communication – occasionally, Guide Entries even get written. The Post's mail has been full of…well, let me tell you about it…

As I predicted last week, the Post Reporters have gone all Post-modern on me. They sent in so much super-intellectual stuff that we found ourselves forced to do a highbrow edition this week. So here it is: Stuff about art cinema. Poems. People telling you to write more poems. A book review, of all things. (At least, I think it's a book review. There is a book in there somewhere, Trout, right…?)

Some of us have taken refuge in the sane corner, where we talk about such mundane things as small-town life and how to make a tasty supper. You know we're off the deep end when Prof Animal Chaos and I are mentioned in the same paragraph as the word 'sane'.

Anyhow, enjoy.


Dmitri Gheorgheni

ARTSY REPORT

(It's been a good week for intellectualism)
  • Flaubert's Parrot

  • What is Trout Montague trying to tell us?
    We need some French for this one.

THE POETRY CORNER BREAKS OUT

(In verse, not in hives)

 

 
WRITERS OF THE WORLD, UNTIE

(Spellcheck needed)

 

 
PROLETARIANS, DEFEND YOURSELVES

(Common sense strikes back)

 

 

 

 
COMMUNITY

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 
FEEDBACK, SUBMISSIONS AND DISCUSSION


The Post Office


The home of the h2g2 Post team


Back Issue Page



Bookmark on your Personal Space


Entry

A87709477

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written and Edited by

Credits

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more