A Conversation for Streatham, London, UK

Things to do in Streatham

Post 1

amdsweb

One popular past-time in Streatham is shooting people. Another is leaving a burnt out car right outside my flat.
The Streatham railway station always smells of wee and is full of pigeon poo. The supermarket next door always stocks rubbish rotting food.

Does anyone want to buy a flat in Streatham? One bedroom, on Babington Road. Lovely neighbourhood. No?


Things to do in Streatham

Post 2

Zebedee (still Pool God after all these years)

Heh, I've just moved into a flat in that road smiley - smiley

I quite like Streatham - it's nicer than Catford, Peckham and the Kilburn High Road side of West Hampstead (gone well downhill these days). Not as nice as St Margaret's though.

There seems to be a lot of negative opinion posted to this entry - unless you're minted any part of London you can afford to live in is going to be much the same - dirty, noisy and full of people from all over the world. An environment you either love or can find dozens of things to fear and complain about. I get bored out of my skull when I stay with my parents in a sleepy, safe (and very affluent) little village outside Henley - London has far more life - it is always open, you can always find something to eat or somewhere to party, and if you know what to look out for and where not to go you can avoid trouble.


Things to do in Streatham

Post 3

amdsweb

What number? We're selling a flat at number 55 smiley - smiley


Things to do in Streatham

Post 4

Zebedee (still Pool God after all these years)

Not going to post my flat number on here - call me paranoid but hey, you never know who's out there....

Suffice it to say I'm on the same side of the road and not too far away at all smiley - smiley


Things to do in Streatham

Post 5

kel

"There seems to be a lot of negative opinion posted to this entry - unless you're minted any part of London you can afford to live in is going to be much the same - dirty, noisy and full of people from all over the world. An environment you either love or can find dozens of things to fear and complain about. I get bored out of my skull when I stay with my parents in a sleepy, safe (and very affluent) little village outside Henley - London has far more life - it is always open, you can always find something to eat or somewhere to party, and if you know what to look out for and where not to go you can avoid trouble. "

Very true- I live down the road in Thornton Heath, which is very similar... not all of us can be trendy north london types!


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more