A Conversation for Jerboas

The Bible

Post 1

NAITA (Join ViTAL - A1014625)

According to whom is the Jerboa one of the animals God forbade the Israeli to eat? I suppose it must be part of one of the forbidden categories (together with rodents in general), but this entry makes it seem like there is some specific ban on the Jerboa... and I can't find one.
Not that I plan to follow a biblical diet _or_ eat Jerboas. smiley - biggrin


The Bible

Post 2

Tom-the-flip-side

This passage was in the original:

You will not find the name of the Jerboa directly but it is supposed to be the animal called a mouse in the Bible (17th verse of the 66th chapter of Isaiah), "They that sanctify themselves, and purify themselves in the gardens, eating swine's flesh, and the abomination, and the mouse, shall be consumed together, saith the Lord;" and also in Leviticus, where God is telling the children of Israel what animals they must not eat, "These also shall be unclean to you among the creeping things that creep upon the earth; the weasel, and the mouse, and the tortoise after his kind."

Hope that helps smiley - smiley


The Bible

Post 3

NAITA (Join ViTAL - A1014625)

A-ha!
*Puts this in the drawer of useless bible-knowledge*
Thanks. smiley - smiley


Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Jerboas

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more