A Conversation for 'Queen of the Damned' - the Film

Praise

Post 1

floatingpoet

I am a great fan of books over films for the most part, and so I'm usually the one who sits and complains about every aspect that has been changed, omitted or made up entirely. A lot of films do this, and mostly it's a bad thing. I find with Queen of the Damned, the film is focusing on lestat and jesse, and if you think about how the story would've been seen as (at the time it was happening) through the eyes of lestat, I personally feel it's a great concept. Although i don't believe it was entirely deliberate, or at least not for these reasons, here's some points iv'e noticed if one presumes the whole thing is through lestat's eyes in present tense.

-magnus to marius; lestat hated magnus for leaving him, but worshipped maruis.
-jesse love affair; it had been a while since he had a proper love affair that didn't end in slaughter or madness.
-leaving louis out; well, he had abandoned lestat numerous times and made him out to look evil, when he was just blowing it out of proportion.
-not mentioning the twins; lestat never dreamed of them
-not mentioning the elders properly; lestat knew and cared little of most of them which reflects their roles (except armand, who was supposed to have a greater role in the film but it had to be cut).
-anything else; more than likely to make himself look better, it suits lestat's personality.

now i know that the cases above are just my opinion, but i think it provokes intregue (gawd, i've never spelled that word correctly, never will) and that in reality they happened due to casting problems, budget or movie appeal.

there's an explanation on the official website by the producer of the film, and i agree with him, and also for the first time, i actually understand why things are cut and changed in movie transcriptions.

mih, i've talked too much now.


Praise

Post 2

CRYSTALENCHANTRESS

i love queen of the damned.fair enough it wasnt the best vampire film ever made but it certainly isnt nt the worst.ive read the mjority of anne rices books and i thought they were the most fascinating vampire books i have ever read.the way she portrayed each character was amazing,the way she madmade the reader actually believe in the characters was awesome.although i like stuart townshend as an actor i must say it wasnt one of his best films,but i gotta say he le looked absolutely gorgeous as lestat,he could come and bite my neck anytimexxbut at the end of the day its up to the individual if they enjoy the film or not,i for one certainly did.


Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for 'Queen of the Damned' - the Film

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more