A Conversation for Money and the Power of Belief

Brilliant entry !

Post 1

Ackalon

How about this for another example of problems occouring ?
Consumer goods are becoming cheaper and cheaper, so it is, at least in much of the world quite possible to lead a relitively luxurious lifestyle with relatively little money. Now it is not so easy to demonstrate ones wealth in ones dressing, eating etc. those things that coud demonstrate it are becoming more extravagant. Examples: astronomically expensive clubs and resturants, unneccisary cars etc.

A thing with life is that is shows an exponentially increasing cost. Paying twice as much for a meal will not mean it tastes twice as good, and paying twice as much for a car will not affect greatly your progress from A to B. I think fiscally- challenged people are going to have the last laugh..


Brilliant entry !

Post 2

Hoovooloo

"The meek shall inherit the earth"?

They're welcome to it. I want the STARS.

H.


Brilliant entry !

Post 3

a girl called Ben

Here you are, Hoo: smiley - starsmiley - starsmiley - starsmiley - starsmiley - star

B


Brilliant entry !

Post 4

a girl called Ben

Glad you liked the entry, Akalon. I dunno about the others, but I had fun writing it.

"I think fiscally- challenged people are going to have the last laugh."

Are you in the UK? - there was a thing in the Observer last Sunday about thrift being the new chic.

I was raised by two women who were adult during the war, and have been recycling stuff since I was a we sliver of thing in the late 60s and 70s. When I think back to the little we wasted then compared with the huge amount I waste now, I am disgusted by my own decadence. A lot of it is laziness.

But our wastefullness as a civilization is obscene.

B


Brilliant entry !

Post 5

Ackalon

Yes, I am in the UK.
Had a look at the article on the website - not sure what to think about it suddenly becoming fashionable - How am I supposed to stay 1 step ahed if they keep catching up ? smiley - laugh


Brilliant entry !

Post 6

a girl called Ben

smiley - winkeye

Let them follow helplessly behind you!

B


Brilliant entry !

Post 7

Pinniped


You've got style, Ben.
Hardly think I deserve it, but I'm proud to be associated with one of yours.
smiley - ok
Pin


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more