A Conversation for Motorcycle Cruising in the North Island of New Zealand

Highway Patrol

Post 1

Apparition™ (Mourning Empty the best uncle anyone could wish for)

They are very fast Holden V8s not BMWs, that highway patrol drive.

Other than that, great entry smiley - cheers


Highway Patrol

Post 2

Researcher 204927

I believe the author refered to BMW motorcycles


Highway Patrol

Post 3

Antipodean Grease Monkey

Respectfully, I think we've missed the point, which I took to be; "Wallopers, lots, rapid, behave...' In addition, it's not a real big island, they're not all that busy, and they know the roads...
All these warnings also apply to the lovely, but plod-infested hills of Adelaide, South Australia.


Highway Patrol

Post 4

Apparition™ (Mourning Empty the best uncle anyone could wish for)

hmmm how'd I know an aussie would appear with something discouraging


Highway Patrol

Post 5

Foxbat

Whoops, sorry ! Got a bit carried away and all that sort of thing with the BMWs and the Highway patrol smiley - smiley I have seen Beemers weaving through the Sunday evening motorway traffic on the approaches to Auckland city, seemingly on their way to catch someone misbehaving, but it could have been just a inner city patrolman on his way to a emergency ...


Highway Patrol

Post 6

Apparition™ (Mourning Empty the best uncle anyone could wish for)

The most impressive driving I've seen in Auckland was a porche on the motorway. In and out like an 80's arcade game.


Highway Patrol

Post 7

Antipodean Grease Monkey

No, no, no, no! You misunderstand! I meant no disrespect at all! My own treasured roads are similarly infested with police persons who will gleefully jump up and down on my helmet, but allow doddering old farts in bald tyred, brakeless 200Bs to wobble up the freeway at a smokey 45 kmh. I am sure the roads, and the vast majority of the population of NZ are every bit as delightful as you describe...I just have a bit of a problem with misplaced authority...sorry.


Highway Patrol

Post 8

Apparition™ (Mourning Empty the best uncle anyone could wish for)

probably me being over sensitive. I've had enough of agro aussies lately. I don't understand where the venom comes from.

but I don't describe the roads. I've yet to make a propper entry yet.


Key: Complain about this post