A Conversation for 'Dracula' - the Hammer Horror Film

Lines

Post 1

the third man(temporary armistice)n strike)

Hi Jimster, what is it with you and Hammersmiley - biggrin . I saw a recent interview with Chris Lee on the Richard and Judy Show. He was meant to be promoting Clone Wars but they spent a lot of the time talking about his appearances with Hammer. He mentioned the first meeting he had with Peter Cushing on the set. Apparantly he had read the script and his part had no words wherein he went to see Cushing and said "I've read the script and have no lines" Cushing replied "You're lucky, I've read it and I have!".


Lines

Post 2

Smij - Formerly Jimster

smiley - biggrin

I think he's giving the sanitised version there - he's reputed to have dismissed the scripts for a number of the Dracula films as crap and demanded that he be allowed to play the role mute rather than have to speak such dialogue.

He says more on the *commentary* of the DVD for Prince of Darkness than he does in all of his Dracula Hammer movies put together!

smiley - bat

Jims


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more