Eggplant Parmesean

0 Conversations

Here's a recipe not striaght from mom, but from my maternal grandmother. Eggplants come into season late in the summer, so eat seasonally to get the best of flavor. Earlier in the year, the flowers of the eggplant can be battered, fried, salted and eaten without much difficulty. i think it's the male flower that is easten, once it's finished its job of pollenating the female. It's very difficult to find eggplant flowers, but the eggplant itself is much easier to uncover and tastes better with cheese.

Many children are unlikely to go for the eggplant at first. When I was a child we used to decieve my friends until they had already eaten some. Because the dish looks similar to lasgne, we would simply tell other kids that it was pasta! After they tried it, liked it and said they wanted more we would inform them that they had just been introduced to a lovely purple fruit!

What you'll need for this recipe

  • Two medium sized eggplants
  • Four large eggs
  • Bread crumbs
  • Salt
  • Garlic Powder
  • Tomato Sauce
  • Mozarella Cheese
  • A 13"x9" casserole dish
  • Olive oil

First we fry

  1. Mix about a handfull of garlic powder with about three times as may breadcrumbs, then set aside.
  2. Slice the eggplant from the bottom up about 3/4 of a cm thick. Lay out the eggplant and sprinkle on top of all slices.

Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

There are no Conversations for this Entry

Entry

A793037

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written and Edited by

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more