A Conversation for The Marsh Arabs

America

Post 1

the third man(temporary armistice)n strike)

Hi Ashley, loved the article. Nice to see not all of the Brits are taken over by Big Brother/Pop Idol. You missed international politics I noticed. Deliberate?
As soon as you say the word Shia, the WhiteHouse sees Iran. They live in mortal fear of an Iranian alliance with the Marsh Arabs and Kurds(these need a good article?). Western politics have doomed these people as much as Saddam.


America

Post 2

Ashley



The US has a unique dilemma. While Saddam is the Bogeyman of the Democratic West, he does stop the creation of an Islamic superstate. So what is a super power to do? Oust a dictator with potentially massive striking power, but in doing so risk the creation of an Islamic superstate that could become a greater threat than Saddam?

Or leave him in and stick with the status quo?

Not a quandry I'd like to resolve...

An entry on the Kurds would indeed be a welcome addition to the Guide - are you offering to contribute one? smiley - winkeye


Kurds

Post 3

the third man(temporary armistice)n strike)

Ashley, don't tempt me! I'm waiting to make my first entrance. Was originally going to do Byron. Then got talked into Hardy, then food you make when you come home drunk and now this.
Two problems:
1 i like the kurds and am repelled by the current xenophobic British condition.
2 I'm an ex-Foreign Office employee with his hands tied by the OSA. There is no point rehashing all the tired old newspaper hack rubbish.
But thanks for the pointer.
Take care smiley - ok


America

Post 4

the_greatest_person

i wold like to mention how the americans promesed them help in rebellion against saddam, but didnt deliver leaving the mars arab rebellion to be smashed.
another reason to detest america


America

Post 5

Ashley

There's no reason to detest America - a far greater and more noble thing to do is to try and intitiate change


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more