A Conversation for Fugu Fish

taste

Post 1

Tashalls, Muse of Flights of Fancy (Losing Weight at A858170)

so what does it actually taste like? has anyone tried the fish - can you compare the texture and taste to any others?


taste

Post 2

KimotoCat

I wouldn't know; I wouldn't dare eat it.

Pay to possibly be poisoned? Not this cat. Nope. Noooo thank you very much. No siree!

But other sushi - anytime! smiley - drool


taste

Post 3

Sam

I think I may have had it. I *think*. While living in Japan, I was taken out one night and I'm pretty sure fugu was on the menu. The thing is, I was a bit drunk and my memory has faded. I know that it's expensive, and usually served as a platter of white sashimi (raw fish) slices, neatly arranged on a plate/dish. There was also one other fugu-related thing I had (a soup, I think) that had a fugu fin in it that made your lips go numb...

smiley - smiley


taste

Post 4

KimotoCat

I t does sound a bit like the real thing... Traditionally, fugu is served as a mnu, so I guess it could be that. And if you were a bit short on memory - well, that, too, could be fugu-induced.

Happy to see that you survived! smiley - winkeye


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more