A Conversation for HeroQuest - the Boardgame

Bad Dwarf Link

Post 1

The Apprentice

The link to Dwarf Throwing (A729876) is... um... odd. The entry discusses a real world sport of throwing vertically challenged people around the place. Here we're referring to the fantasy creature known for digging and hoarding gold.

I can't see the link...?


Bad Dwarf Link

Post 2

Demon Drawer

It wasn't added by FC I can assure you.


Bad Dwarf Link

Post 3

Ashley


The link to Dwarf Throwing was added because of the word dwarf. We link to entries that have a common bond - in this case, vertically challenged people smiley - winkeye

It was added because, as with other Edited Guide Entries, we like to cross refer h2g2 information. You all put a lot of work into entries, so a little cross publicity seems in the spirit of the Guide.





Bad Dwarf Link

Post 4

Demon Drawer

But surely not little leaden images of vertically challenged people as in the game. smiley - winkeye


Bad Dwarf Link

Post 5

The Apprentice

I have to agree that while cross-linking is great... this is probably offensive. You can't cross link dwarf (fantasy creature of indeterminate sex and considerable facial hair associated with greed and warmongering) with 'dwarf' (potentially derogatory term for people who are smaller than average referenced in a slightly dodgy entry concerning the practice of swinging vertically challenged individuals around like a hammer to see how far you can throw them - or whatever).

Those are two different things.

It would be like cross-referencing a reference to cricket in an entry on David Gower with an entry on small, irritating insects that sit and chirrup all night given half the chance.


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more