A Conversation for How to Have Fun while Writing your Will

Making it fun

Post 1

MaggyW

I remake my will quite regularly - to make sure that I always leave more money than I actually have to leave. That reminds me to go on living a bit longer to make sure I've got it.

It's worked for the last two years!

One of my best friends has left money in his will for five of us to fly his ashes out to the Carribean, throw them into the sea and spend a day at Disney World.

I want to earn as much money as he was earning when he made it!

smiley - star


Making it fun

Post 2

a girl called Ben

Making my will has definitely changed my attitude to money - not much, but a bit. I am paying an extra tenner a month so that my mortgage is paid off when I die. This means that I will definitely be leaving something worth having to my niece and nephew, and at a tenner a month, it is worth it.

I suspect I will never be worth as much as I am at the moment I die, though.

Thanks for reading the entry.

Ben


Making it fun

Post 3

MaggyW

I don't think anyone ever is...

It's nice to write something for your funeral too... so people get a bit of you instead of just some anonymous person at the church or crem.

I'm having Louis Armstrong's 'What a Wonderful World' at mine.

I think I have too much Scorpio in my astrological chart!

smiley - star


Making it fun

Post 4

Gordon Jones

It's incredibly morbid but I'm just starting university next September and yet I find this subject immensely interesting. What impact will I have on the world? I think I'd stipulate that the greatest inheritor had to see fit to raid the contents of my computer and publish its guts, warts and all. I even started writing my diary with an eye to an audience in 50 years time or more after I'm gone. Literary immortality. Anyway as I say 'Morbid', perhaps that's the result of too much scifi too young? In terms of the funeral I'd go for 'Knocking on heaven's door' by Bob Dylan and the speech from the end of the classic series of Doctor Who.

Choices for bodily disposal are:
* Eaten by great white sharks
* Turned into a diamond (via cremation) and passed down the generations as an heir loom
* Shot into a black hole


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more