A Conversation for Salamander Crossing

Xing

Post 1

parlau

In the UK our newer more wnlightened roads have underpasse for the badgers.
In Germany I have seen special crossing places for frogs, needed because the road gets skiddy otherwise.

AG


Xing Xong

Post 2

Rojo Habe (48-1+2-7)

Don't forget Zebra crossings, which are black and white lines painted across the road, presumably to make the zebras feel at home.

Then there are Pelican crossings, with the beeping and the lighst, but I haven't worked out how a pelican is supposed to understand them. Even I have trouble.

All I do know is, pelicans and zebras have to be the most ungrateful animals on the planet. I've never once seen one using a crossing.


Xing Xong

Post 3

parlau

You won't see an actual pelican but if you look closely you may notice an acronym!

AG


Xing Xong

Post 4

Rojo Habe (48-1+2-7)

Ah, I see. I spose they couldn't call it an "acronym crossing" 'cos it doesn't stand for anything.


Xing Xong

Post 5

Rojo Habe (48-1+2-7)

And now there are Toucan crossings too. What are they all about?


Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Salamander Crossing

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more