News from the Fjords

1 Conversation

BACK TO THE MAIN PAGE

August 5th 2002

New Defender enrolled today to the defense of Hordaland and Sogn & Fjordane, Special Mission Sognefjorden & Hardangerfjorden! Check member list on main page.

February 27th 2002

Founder's desperate search for a new First Defender was not alltogether fruitless as it resulted in two new and eager defenders, one to look after the Danish fjords (yes, I have seen the evidence, there are fjords in Denmark after all), and one to keep the Norwegian ones from being carried away by storms.

February 26th 2002

Founder & First Defender decision to sign off as uhm... Founder & First Defender due to lack of fjords in need of a defense was seconded by herself, and celebrated with a disgustingly huge amount of lutefisk. Hepp!

February 19th 2002

Proud Defender Online_again was installed as much needed Secret Agent X today. Hepp!

February 15th 2002, Sincerity Day

Another eager Defender has joined the forces!

And in recognition of this happy event, the Founder proudly declares this day Sincerity Day!

February 14th 2002, Hepp to the Fjords Day

We all love celebrating stuff, so the Founder has installed the 14th of February as a special day to celebrate the fact that the amount of defenders increased with as much as 100% on this day in 2002.

At around eight o'clock GMT+1 two new brave Defenders joined the forces. Hepp to such devotion to the cause!

February 13th 2002, Foundation Day

The lutefiskThe brilliant suggestion from the Initiator about having lusekofte as Official Fjord Defender Uniform has been seconed by the Founder, who hereby install said item of clothing as uhm... Official Fjord Defender Uniform.

As there is no picture available of a lusekofte in the h2g2 picture archives, we have put up a picture of a lutefisk instead, just to give you a hint about the lusekofte's Norwegian uniqueness. (Please note that a lusekofte looks nothing like a lutefisk)

The Founder has just posted an invitation to join the campaign over at the Nordic Researchers' Club.

The Founder installed the foundation day February 13th (today) as Foundation Day, and decided to give the campaign's newsletter News from the Fjords its own page. Tomorrow.
Update Feb. 14th: mission completed

BACK TO THE MAIN PAGE


Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

Entry

A696242

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written and Edited by

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more